Thursday, September 19, 2013

All About Chintz

Quilts in the Barn 2013, organised by Linda of Quilts in the Barn is on again next week - the exhibition is being held from Friday 27th September through to Sunday 29th September, 2013. The exhibition is a fundraiser for breast cancer research.
 
 
This year's exhibition is "All About Chintz" and I have just finished quilting a beautiful Chintz Quilt for Linda.  Linda's quilt features many beautiful chintz printed fabrics from Den Haan en Wagenmakers.  The solid red fabric is also a chintz.
 

 
Linda's quilt has been quilted with feathers on the red chintz - I do love a plain fabric with feathers.  Simple continuous curves have been quilted on the printed chintzes.

 
The centre ..

 
I am certainly looking forward to this year's Quilts in the Barn Exhibition - best wishes Linda for what I am sure will be another wonderful exhibition.
 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful and striking quilt!! You always know just what to do to finish a quilt beautifully with your quilting. I wish I could make it to the show.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.